- Epidermoid cysts represent the most typical cutaneous cysts. While they could occur anywhere around the body, they are normally found around the face, top of the head and neck.
- Until recently, epidermoid cysts were actually known by means of various words, including follicular infundibular cysts, skin cysts, and skin introduction cysts.
- The term milia is the term for small, shallow epidermoid cysts.
- Epidermoid cysts usually are asymptomatic.
- Less often, the cysts can be inflamed or infected, resulting with pain and tenderness.
- Asymptomatic epidermoid cysts do not have to be treated.