Lower Eyelid - External
Proudly serving Boise, Ada County, the greater Treasure Valley, and beyond.
- Eyelids (and your eyes) are, perhaps, what other people notice originally.
- Eyelid surgery to improve the appearance of the eyelids is often called ‘eyelift’ or ‘blepharoplasty‘.
Lower Eyelid Blepharoplasty
- This can be performed via an skin incision (trans-cutaneous) or via the inside of the eyelid (trans-conjunctival).
- Lower Blepharoplasty reduces excess fat in the lower eyelids.
- The excess fat is removed and incisions are closed with fine sutures.
- Incisions made on the inside of the eyelids are not visible.
- Incisions made on the outside of the lower eyelids are barely visible and fade over time.