Endoscopic Brow Lift
What is an Endoscopic Brow Lift?
- An endoscopic brow lift, also called a forehead lift, surgically corrects drooping eyebrows and softens worried or angry expressions that lead to frown lines.
- During the procedure, commonly performed on men and women between the ages of 35 and 70, the surgeon elevates the skin and underlying tissues of the upper face, and may possibly remove part of the muscle that causes frown lines between the brows.
- The lead is a more youthful, relaxed, and refreshed appearance.
Am I a Brow Lift Candidate?
- If you have sagging eyebrows that create a tired or sad appearance, deep horizontal creases across your forehead, or frown lines or furrows between your eyebrows, you may possibly be a good endoscopic brow lift candidate. To get a glimpse of the potential results, you can try a simple test on your own. Place your fingertips at the outer edges of your eyebrows and gently raise the skin upwards.
- This will give you a good indication of what the procedure might do for your appearance. Of course, the best way to determine if an endoscopic brow lift is right for you is by a thorough consultation with your plastic surgeon.
- Indications for Endoscopic Brow Lift Several small incisions are made behind the hairline.
- Brow ptosis (drooping)
- Pseudoptsis of the eyelids
- Vertical and transverse rhytids (wrinkling) of the forehead
How is an Endoscopic Brow Lift Performed?
- The endoscopic brow lift technique uses a small, pencil-like camera device connected to a television monitor. The endoscope is inserted into several small, one-half-inch to one-inch incisions placed just behind the hairline, providing the surgeon with a clear view of the muscles and tissues beneath the skin. The surgeon then inserts another instrument through one of the small incisions to lift the skin and remove or alter muscle, if necessary. During an endoscopic procedure, the eyebrows and forehead can be lifted and secured at the optimal height through the use of a new, sutureless mechanism called the ENDOTINE™ Forehead fixation device.
- A brow lift procedure can also be performed using a traditional “open” method, where an incision is made slightly behind or at the natural hairline, beginning above the ears and continuing toward the top of the head. The surgeon works through the incision to secure tissue and modify or remove excess skin and parts of the muscle that cause wrinkling and frown lines. The incision is closed with stitches.
- Because of the smaller incisions, endoscopic brow lift patients usually experience less of the itching sensation and temporary scalp numbness felt by patients who have had the open technique. In adds to, endoscopic brow lift patients may possibly feel ready to return to normal activities sooner.
- In some cases, a combination of endoscopic and open techniques may possibly be used. In either case, the procedure typically takes between one-to-two hours and is usually performed in the surgeon’s office-based facility or an outpatient surgery center under intravenous sedation or general anesthesia.
Goals of surgery
- Reduction of forehead wrinkles
- Elevation of eyebrows
- Reduction of excess skin which can cause hooding of the upper eyelids
- Excessive bone bleeding in some patients
- Bone tunnel collapse
- Internal screws/plate can be felt by the patient
- External screw
- Left protruding above the skin for several weeks
- Potential for infection and alopecia
- Requires second procedure to remove screws
Written on May 6, 2022
Went to Idaho Eyelid and Facial Plastic Surgery to address my eyebrows, which had dropped over time. My vision was impacted on the left (peripheral vision and driving) to a point that I almost hit somebody that I could not see. I opted for a transfollicular brow lift and bilateral lower lid fat only blepharoplasty with Dr. Boerner. Now, I look wide awake, and my appearance is much better. I have my eyes back! Even though there was some pain, it was worth it.
How Much Does Endoscopic Brow Lift Cost?
The total cost of Endoscopic Brow Lift surgery in Boise, Idaho is determined based on factors like your medical examinations, surgeon’s fee, hospital charges, post-surgery garments, and anesthesia. The exact techniques used will also impact cost, as will the total time needed to perform the surgery.
Schedule a Consultation
Contact Idaho Eyelid & Plastic Facial Plastic Surgery today to schedule a consultation for your Endoscopic Brow Lift in Boise, Idaho. We will take the time to guide you through the entire process, ensuring results that fully satisfy your aesthetic needs. Contact us today!